- Mag Drive-Seal less
CHEMSTEEL™ pumps are designed to handle common and highly corrosive liquids that must be pumped under pressure. Manufactured to extremely precise tolerance, the CHEMSTEEL™ pump line prevents system contamination while maintaining the purity and integrity of the liquid being pumped. Its rugged, three-section construction provides ease of servicing and parts replacement.
Helical gearing offers noise reduction by as much as 10db, while the tandem pumps double the output flow for a single fluid, or with isolation, handle other fluids in direct ratio to the first.
Additionally, CHEMSTEEL™ pumps offer bi-directional operation for applications requiring reversing flow.
Gear/bearing design allows for “trimming” for optimizing the pump’s maximum flow to reach minimum turndown or to match flow to a specific OEM’s requirement.
Special materials combinations are available for specific liquids:
- Reinforced polyphenylenesulfide housing construction
- Gears available in metallic 316 stainless steel and Alloy C. Also in polytetrafluoroethylene, polyphenylenesulfide and polyetheretherketone.
- Shafts are 316 stainless steel or Alloy C
- Bearings available in carbon or polytetrafluoroethylene
- Full range of seal options including lip seal, packing and mechanical designs.
EXPLODED VIEW & PARTS LIST
A three-part housing provides easy disassembly and ser- vice. Full size bearings match the gear diameter, and eliminate the need for separate wear plates. TFE encap- sulating silicone pump housing seals provide elastic memory to assure an effective long lasting seal and thus avoiding the re-torquing required of pumps using pure TFE. The upper shaft configuration lends itself to in-line pump seal maintenance without the leakage of trapped chemicals from an incompletely drained pump.
To order a repair kit, simply add a “K” to the end of the model number. A CHEMKIT™ parts kit contains the following parts: seals, bearings, gears, o-rings, shafts, keys, c clips, and retaining ring.
LIFE CYCLE/COST OF OWNERSHIP
Pump design and materials selection, together provide the longest life available from a gear pump.
Key attributes include:
- Gear & bearing combinations of metallic and nonmetallic wear surfaces.
- Slotted bearings to lubricate shaft and gear surfaces.
- Hydraulic porting to balance axial thrust and to reduce wear.
- Ample port sizing to reduce the likelihood of cavitation when inlet pressure is marginal.
- Effective housing seals with elastic memory prevent leakage of corrosives.
Connections are 1” female NPT or BSPT, pump hard- ware is metric and close couple adapters mount to both NEMA and IEC standard motor frame sizes for world wide acceptance.